The Gift of Presence Meditation Course
Do you find it difficult to be still? To find space and calm in your life?
In this four week course Samantha encourages you to examine the busy mind and shares a new technique each week to aid focus and calm. With journaling exercises and homework to complete between classes, this course will provide you with a strong foundation to begin or consolidate your personal meditation practice.
No previous meditation experience is necessary.
- Small intimate group
- Welcoming supportive environment
- Experienced yoga & meditation teacher
- Meditation journal provided
- Free parking
- £50 per person
Meditation gives us the opportunity to slow down and examine what’s happening in our internal world moment to moment.
- Are we comfortable with what’s happening inside?
- Is there dialogue we can listen to?
- Is there resistance to being still?
- Is the mind in charge of our inner and outer experiences?
Come and sit with me as I share techniques that I use in my own meditation practice.
Take my hand as we journey inwards together on a remarkable adventure.
What to expect
- Each week we will look at one or more meditation techniques in detail and practice them together.
- All practices will be in a seated position.
- There will be opportunities for group discussion and feedback week to week on your experience of the techniques.
- You will be given journalling exercises and homework to complete between the weeks.
- You will receive a meditation journal on Week 1 to encourage you to document your practice.
What to bring to class
Essentials: Cushion, meditation journal & pen
Optional: Yoga mat, yoga bricks/blocks, blanket & bolster
If you would like to purchase Yoga blocks/bricks or a bolster before your class, contact us at email@example.com for details.
Who is the class for?
This workshop is suitable for all levels.
If you are unsure whether this class is suitable for you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat.
What our students say
Brenda CoxI loved the class recording of Sam's class last week. It was easy to follow and the technical side of using it was easy too. I would recommend it to anyone missing your lovely classes.
Jo MurphyI enjoyed the yoga practice very much, a friend had recommended Same Star and I have been following your wonderful advent calendar so wanted to come to a class. Unfortunately, timings, travel distance and cost mean that I won't be a regular attendee, but it was a joy to connect with you, Samantha's knowledge is inspiring.
Anonymous 7The space has a calm, lovely vibe and it's fantastic that it is dedicated to yoga. I really appreciate the invitations offered by Samantha to stretch my boundaries and my practice is developing.
Anonymous 5Its a very welcoming space, it's easily accessible and has a lovely feel. I feel held and safe to be myself in the space. I love the variety of classes and particularly value learning yoga as a 'whole'...the philosophy, pranayama, meditation, chanting etc, as well as the asana practice. I also value the commitment and kindness of the teachers. Just to say thank you for all being you. I love Same Star Yoga and will continue to support in any way I can.
Anonymous 4Samantha is a kind patient teacher who welcomes you.
Event Timeslots (1)
4 Mondays in July
In this Gift of Presence Meditation Course, Samantha encourages you to examine the busy mind and shares new techniques to aid focus and calm.