Baby & Me Yoga
Our online booking system closes an hour before class – we welcome walk-ins at the studio and can take cash/card payments on site.
- This class is included in our Monthly or Annual Memberships
Baby & Me yoga classes are a postnatal yoga class for new parents and their babies. All carers are welcome to join the class with their babies from newborn up to 12 months of age.
Baby & Me classes are a safe and welcoming space for new parents where “anything goes” and parents are free, and encouraged to feed, change, and see to their babies in any way they need to.
The class is tailored specifically to parents in the postnatal period – this includes:
- Mums who are recovering from birth – not just ‘up to 6 weeks’ but wherever you are in your postnatal journey.
- Mums/Dads experiencing that new parenting posture that comes from feeding/rocking/carrying their babies 24/7.
Aislinn creates classes that are light-hearted and fun. These classes also provide the opportunity to meet other parents in a friendly, non-judgmental space.
“This is a place where I hope parents will feel comfortable enough to show all the sides of early parenting – in all it’s wonderful, chaotic, messy glory.
Classes are for you, parents, but are totally baby-led too so you never need to worry about baby being too noisy or missing out on something because of (another) well-timed nappy change! We welcome it all.
Come as you are and give your body some well-deserved nourishment and attention.”
What to expect
During the class parents can expect –
- A welcome circle so parents can all get to know each other and their little ones
- Yoga postures to ease sore muscles and to slowly build strength
- Breath and relaxation techniques specific to new life with a baby
- Baby & Me classes also include songs and baby massage – not only to help keep baby engaged but so that parents can bond and connect with their babies.
What to bring to class
- Yoga mat
- A baby blanket or towel (to act as baby’s ‘yoga mat’)
- A favourite soft-toy/rattles (optional)
- Please feel free to bring your baby change bag/any baby essentials into the studio to have on hand
If you don’t have all or any of the equipment listed above, don’t worry. We have all the equipment you will need for this class at the studio.
Who is the class for?
Suitable for parents with babies from newborn up to 12 months. All levels of yoga experience welcome.
If you are unsure whether this class is suitable for you, contact our Reception Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01206 615400 for a chat.
What our students say
Cristina LorenettiI can't recommend this studio and the teachers Faye and Samantha at Same Star yoga enough. I am now doing my Yoga Teacher Training with them which I feel shows how highly I regard their level of tuition.
Clare SladeI’ve really enjoyed the two sessions with Joanne. The flexibility of the bookings is great too. The space is lovely!
Amanda RoperThank you for the class on Saturday. I haven't been to yoga for so long and I really enjoyed it. You made it really interesting too - beyond the poses.
Little Yogi ChrisThank you so much for the yoga sessions you ran this week. I had really positive verbal feedback from staff and pupils. It was a much needed time to be calm and live in the moment.
Little Yogi LisaI just watched your class for our students and it was fab. It is so important right now.
Little Yogi TansySame Star is such a gorgeous space for yoga and wellbeing and I love the feeling of community that is so strong there.
Little Yogi GinaThoroughly professional but incredibly caring! I can thoroughly recommend Same Star Yoga and meditation.
Katie LouiseI was nervous to get back into yoga after a long time away but the beginners classes and slow flow have been just what I needed. Proof that you can start at any ability, all the teachers are beyond amazing. Can’t recommend more highly!